Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And now I can teach...

Today is the greatest day I've had in the past 5 weeks.  Today, I went to work and graduated from BIC (Basic Instructor Course) and I have to say, it didn't come fast enough.  I enjoyed being in BIC, only because of the other people that were in my class.  Unfortunately the class itself was very boring and I honestly think it could either be shortened up to just a couple weeks instead of 5, or gotten rid of completely.  The best part about the graduation was when they handed out our cookies.  The first time I heard people talking about their cookie all I could think was "I want a cookie, cause who doesn't enjoy cookies?" thinking that they were talking about a nice chocolate chip cookie.  But no, this cookie is so much better.  Jeremie told me once that he always wanted to be an MTI (Military Training Instructor [basic training]) because he loves the campaign hats they wear.
While those hats look pretty sweet, I've always wanted my cookie.  One reason is as an Tech School Instructor I don't have to be all up in the young Airmen's faces yelling and screaming to motivate them to make their beds faster and march better.  Instead, I get to have fun, joke, and really mentor while motivating them to be better.  And so today I got my cookie.
And to make things even better...I start tag-team teaching on Monday and get my own class on July 19th.  THAT will be an awesome day!

No comments: