Wednesday, March 10, 2010

After a few months of logging on, thinking about making a post, and logging off I've decided that it's time I actually posted something about what's going on in the life of Brandon. I know that this is the information everyone who has ever read my blog is dying for and that this post will complete so many of your lives. Well as I begin I just want to say, I'm glad I can help make your life better. Anyway, on to why I am actually writing.

So in December I got an email out of the blue that basically said "Congratulations". (There was more to it than just congratulations, but for the purpose of me building myself up I'm going with that.) I don't remember if I mentioned this in another post, and I'm too lazy to check, but back in August I put in an application to go to San Antonio, TX to teach at my career field's tech school at Lackland AFB. About a week or two after I submitted my application I received an email telling me that they're weren't accepting any new teachers. So I decided that I needed to find a different way out of North Carolina (cause 4 years is plenty of time to spend there.) Well as I mentioned, in December I received an email that said "Congratulations"...oh, and that I'd been selected to teach at Lackland. So I have orders to Texas and will be moving down to San Antonio at the end of April.

And that, actually, brings me to what I really wanted to share. This morning (10 March) I flew down here to San Antonio to go house hunting. When I move in April I will be given 10 days to fine a place to live. Well that wasn't good enough for me, so I took my 10 days now. The reason taking those 10 days in April wouldn't work for me is because I've decided that I'm done renting. I feel that it's time I buy. Since I'm going to be here in San Antonio for a minimum of 4 years I think that it's a smart move on my part. So I'm looking for the right house that I'll be proud to call my own. Rest assured, when I find it I plan on taking photos and posting them on here for all to see. So that's what's up in Brandon's world...exciting isn't it?

1 comment:

Ritchies said...

I hope you find a house that is perfect brandon. You are in our prayers and we love you and miss you!!