Saturday, March 28, 2015

AoF: Article 1

The Articles of Faith

Article 1

We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.


We believe that these three persons make up the Godhead and are three separate, distinct individuals, just like you and I, but are one in purpose - "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:39)

Old Testament references:
  • Genesis 1:26. "And God said, Let us make man in out image, after our likeness..."
  • Genesis 3:22. "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil..."
New Testament references:
  • Matthew 3:16-17. "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto [John], and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon [Jesus]: And lo a voice from heaven, saying This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
  • John 5:19 (17-23).  "...The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do..."
  • John 17:3. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."
  • Acts 7:55-56. "But [Stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,..."
Modern-day Revelations
  • Doctrine and Covenants 76:23 (19-24). "For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father-"
  • Joseph Smith - History 1:17 (5-20). "...I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other - 'This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!'"
I know, just as I know the sun will rise, that I have a Father in Heaven who is loving and kind. Who wants me to be happy in this life and return to live with Him some day. I know that His Son chose to come to this Earth to make that possible. I know these things because the Holy Ghost has spoken to my heart and let me know these things are true.

No comments: